First Steps with Scala
Learn the basics of Functional Programming concepts in Scala
Module 01: Why Scala?
02. Why Should I Learn?
03. But Why Scala?
04. What Are Some Of Scala Features?
05. About The Author
06. Is Scala Relevant For Me?
Module 02: Introduction
02. What will you learn in this course
03. What are prerequisites for this course?
04. Installing Scala On Your Machine
05. Working with Scala REPL mode
Module 03: First Steps with Scala
02. Working with Fundamental Scala Types
03. Understanding Immutability in Scala
04. Working with Control Structures
Module 04: The Functions of Functional Programming
02. What is a Function?
03. The Purity and Side-effects of a Function
04. What is Referential Transparency?
05. What are other types of Functions?
Module 05: What's Next?
02. Practice the basics of the language
03. Where Do I Get Help?
04. More Scala Learning
05. Thank You
Scala is a blend of Object-Oriented and Functional Programming Paradigms. It has a big impact in every aspect of application development including but not limited to Servers, APIs, Distributed Systems, Front-End, Big Data Processing, and Machine Learning.
This course teaches how to get started with first few basic concepts in Scala with hands-on examples.
What you will learn
Understanding Immutability, Referential Transparency
Understanding Scala Type Hierarchy
Understanding of Fundamental Types in Scala
Understanding of Purity and Side-Effects
Working with Scala REPL
Working with Functions in Scala
Working with Control Structures
Overview of Scala Ecosystem
You must have working knowledge of at least one programming language
Free Future Course Updates
WHAT LEARNERS SAY
Excellent teaching pattern.